Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Calendars, Couches, and Cats, Oh My!

Have you ever looked at the calendar and your head starts spinning? I look at the calendar for January and it is already filled up with dates and possible dates. It feels like the month is over before it begins! I'm not complaining. I love being busy and having people to see. It is just crazy the over whelming feeling a full calendar can bring.
I am excited about 2007. I can't really say why; it just feels like it is going to be a good year. I felt the same about 2006, and I can't say I was disappointed. In many ways 2006 was the best year I've had in a long time. I just seemed to fly by too quickly.
I have to say I am enjoying the AWESOME weather we are enjoying presently. I am an active and outdoorsy type so the mild winter has been welcome. Don't get me wrong I would love to see a light dusting of snow, but it is so nice just to pick up and take my dogs on a walk and not have to worry about Eskimoing up just to do it.
We have 3 Dogs and 2 cats. This may sound like trouble, but it is a fine arrangement. All of our boys get along famously. They all get along so well in fact, that 4 out of the 5 have decided to conspire against my new sofa! My oldest dog, who has a bed of his own, has decided he needs to be sleeping on said sofa. The two midgets have decided that they shouldn't sleep on the sofa, but on the pillows, and there are A LOT of those. There is the one cat ,who believes the couch is his own personal scratching post!! I have mostly remedied the dogs with yelling, clapping, and throwing of other throw pillows at them. ( it seems to be working) The cat on the other hand is undeterred and has taken to scratching at night when mommy can't see! SO mommy is calling the vet tomorrow to make a de-clawing appointment. We'll see who the winner is now buddy!

No comments: