Saturday, October 11, 2008

I Should Be Sleeping....

Darbie Summer, Because Every Dog Needs A Full Name :)



I should be sleeping but I can't. Despite the killer cold I have there are 3things keeping sleep at bay. 1)The other half is at a gig 2)Our new puppy needs to be up longer so she will sleep longer and 3) We have sold our house and we sign on our new home on the last Monday of this month! Some would think I would be so happy about it that I should be able to sleep easy. But, No. This house is in a GREAT neighborhood. However this house is double the square footage I have currently and is a TOTAL rehab project. So what am I doing? I am so glad you asked! I am currently looking at decorating ideas and pricing miscellaneous things on line. I love the Internet. I can window shop at 11:40pm on a Saturday. Awesome!


I am feeling very blessed though. My father in law is under 60 and retired. He redoes homes and sells them occasionally for fun and out of boredom. So he has hopped on our project like white on rice! He is an excellent handyman and schedule maker. This has taken such a burden off of my OCD wannabe self, let me tell you! I don't have the time to be as anal retentive as would like to be, but my Pop in Law has the time! Next Thursday he rolls into town, with schedule, we will go over it, talk to some roofers, take measurements inside the house, price supplies, ect. Then after signing papers, on the last Monday of this month, We will all go over and clean what we can and start busting up the things that need busted! Oh, yeah and fence the yard. That is my personal first thing first. If that yard is not fenced in first, then the kids and dogs are going to drive us nuts while we try to get this place livable in under 2 weeks. Fun, fun!


We are also blessed that many friends keep bugging us as to how they can help. To those out there bugging me, I LOVE YOU! Thank you so much. You are Awesome. And to the rest of you that know me and are in the area, please stop by and explore our chaos!


No comments: